6.04.2010

there is a design.

No, there is not a formula to life, but there is a design. There is not a list of simple steps to follow that will add up, creating an equation that gives the answer to life, and love, and why (Switchfoot reference). But praise God there is a design. There is an end picture that life adds up to, and we all paint different lines and shades, and use different brushes and mediums, but we have direction. We have guidance. We have a design that we are all creating, and we are not in the dark. We know the design. We may have to paint over our mistakes, but the end is crystal clear in light of our Maker - our Designer.

I have been listening to the band Mumford and Sons, recommended by several of my friends, and I just love them. One of their songs, Sigh No More, depicts this idea beautifully. You can listen to it below. My favorite portion goes like this:


Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be


The beauty of love as it was made to be. It was made to set you free. I had lunch with my dear friend Abby today, and she is the epitome of this. She has overcome many challenges and hardships this year, and has trusted so sweetly in the freeing love of Jesus. Her life and love is an encouragement to me, and an example of the freedom that comes from knowing that Jesus has the design, and it's beautiful, and it's meant to set you free.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment