11.30.2006

Walking in the Dark

I'm learning a lot these days. A lot about life, and what it's supposed to look like, and who I'm supposed to be. I look at myself a lot - sometimes in a good way, to discern where I'm going wrong, and how far the Lord has brought me, and sometimes in a bad way, to criticize or on the other extreme uphold too highly. I look at other people a little - sometimes in a good way, to see how each person is beautiful, and really is beautiful, and sometimes in a bad way, to compare to myself or to others. I look at God, too, but not as often it seems.

Today, I was realizing, as I was looking at Him, and thinking on Him, that the other things (myself and others) look better in light of Him. This may seem like a well-known truth, but I find it so easy to forget. Who is better than the Lord? No one, I say. When I look to the Lord, my heart is glad, and the people I see are beautiful, and not just because I'm saying that they are, but because they ARE! And I am beautiful, not just because I say that I am, but because I am!

The Lord sheds light on all things, and in that light we see truth. Truth is beautiful. Honesty is beautiful. In Him, all things are beautiful, and all things are possible, and all things are made new. When I pursue Him in today, not in tomorrow, not in where I'm going to be in 10 years, but today, right now, in the next hour, I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. I can see what He wants me to see, how He wants me to see it, and the action He wants me to take as a result.

It's like walking in the dark where all I can see is my hand in front of my face. That's all I need to see. That's all I need to know. That's where my heart should be - in today and right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment