4.08.2010

cover stories.

Music is everything to me. And not just to me, to many others. A woman in her 70s told me today that music was her other language, and when she didn't know what to say, she could find the music that could say it for her. When I'm 70, I hope I still let music speak to me, and for me.

That being said, I love it when artists cover other artists. There is something humble and intriguing about a renowned and talented individual singing someone else's work. It shows respect, admiration, and also reveals something about their soul - about what touches and moves them.

Here are some of my favorite covers:

1. Lenka - Gravity Rides Everything (by Modest Mouse)






2. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - The Maker (by Daniel Lanois)






3. Regina Spektor - Real Love (by John Lennon)






4. Ingrid Michaelson - Skinny Love (by Bon Iver)
*also found on my friend Jenna's blog.






5. Dave Matthews Band - Blackbird (by The Beatles)






6. John Mayer - Free Fallin' (by Tom Petty)







1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Dave Matthews is a great cover-er. I nearly pulled a muscle dancing to his cover of "Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads at ACL Fest. Love you,

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete